Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Long and the Short of It

Where there's a way to wear a pair of shorts and look well, then there's a way to wear it that just ruins it for the rest of us. YUP! There's nothing more irksome than short shorts, ripped shorts, spandex shorts making their ugly way into our attention. (Or am I just sulking over the fact that I do not have legs as gorgeous as Karen Carreno of Guess denim shorts? or Ann Curtis, who started the ripped shorts craze back then?) Let me just say, if you belong in my class (meaning: not in the same level as these girls, nor even close), then wearing these types of shorts is a big mistake woman my age (sulk), or any age for that matter, should dare wear.

If size doesn't matter to you, then at least, length should! If we want to wear a pair of shorts to make a statement, then let's be cautious of the statement we're making. Keep it as not too casual or revealing too much skin. If they aren't too short, nor too long, then that's the right length.

Allow me to share with you what I think is a safe thigh-baring look that could bring us places and make just the right statement for us. (please pardon that I employed a trying hard model and an equally trying hard photog.)




(shorts, top and accessories from Forever 21; shoes from Primadonna)

There you go. Perfect length can make the perfect statements! (still sulking :-))








No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.